Band Camp begins on Monday, August 6, at 12 noon. Rain or shine. All members should be ready to start at 12 noon. Please arrive early enough to settle in and be on the lot at 12p.
“To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
Lunch should be eaten prior to 12p. There will be short breaks for water and snacks. Dinner break is usually from 5p-6p. Parents may pack a meal or drop off at 5p. There will be a few DINNER FUNDRAISERS. Information on those to follow.
The SECOND WEEK of band camp is “theme week”. Sections will dress in a specific theme. Section winners are announced at the end of each night. It’s a fun tradition that the kids really enjoy. Past themes have included “color day”, “super hero day”, “All- American day”. But who knows?? Our Drum Major will post section themes and days. Be on the look out!
Please send your child with TONS OF WATER ever day.
- no denim, baggy clothes, or pajamas
- Must wear socks and sneakers (NO flip flops or sandals)
•appropriate clothing (nothing too revealing/no inappropriate graphic designs)
- Boys must wear a shirt at all times
- no jewelry
- no gum/lollipops/red gatorade or red colored beverages
- no cellphone use during practice
All equipment including instruments, band room items, and personal belongings must be treated with respect. Intentional damage will not be tolerated.
Band Camp is MANDATORY (as are ALL PRACTICES unless Mr. Penrod has been made aware in advance)
Band members must have their own bag with their name somewhere on it.
All members must have:
- a DOT BOOK (pocket sized, wire bound notebook)
- 1” or 1 1/2” binder with plastic sheet protectors for music
- lanyard to keep DOT book on you at all times
- refillable water jug with name on it! There will be MANY red and blue jugs…name is IMPORTANT! (no plastic bottles please)
SUNSCREEN: members will be outside the entire day.
personal equipment: instruments, guard flags/weapons, etc
healthy snacks for quick snack breaks
- beach towel (for sitting in parking lot)
- bug spray
- hair ties
- Small amount of money for snacks that will be sold
- did we mention deodorant?